Thursday, August 18, 2011

Aunt Nezi Remembers

We've been planning this day for awhile now, but with everyone's busy schedules it kept getting postponed.  I have been meeting with friends once a month (or so) for almost a year now and we have been writing down our memories for our children and grandchildren.  It's really been fun and without this planned activity, most of us would never have completed the amount of stories that we have accumulated.  Usually we wait until the night before our meeting to jot down our thoughts. 
Several years ago, Etchie must have had somewhat the same idea as she interviewed mother's oldest sister, Aunt Belle, and then Dad began recording some of his memories also.  After reading these two accounts, I thought it would be interesting to see what Aunt Nezi remembered also, and I intend to add all of these to my entries.  I know some people go in for tracing their roots way back and that is a good thing, but I like the idea of having personal stories. 
So we finally picked up Aunt Nezi and bribed her with a boat ride and lunch at a restaurant and brought her to Etchie's in Slidell.  She was hesitant at first, insisting that she didn't really remember that much, but once we started talking the memories started flowing.  We recorded everything, so now it my job to listen to the tape and type it all up, and add it to dad's.
We had a great time (we always do when she is around), and as promised were rewarded with a ride in Etchie and Bill's replica of the African Queen (ha).  Yes, it was hot, but we all had a great time, and thank you Bill for being our pilot and putting up with all of the yada, yada, yada.


                   

1 comment: