Erin, Connor, Jay, and I all have August birthdays and I decided it would be fun to do brunch at Commander's this year. (Jay has to share it vicariously). The 21st (Erin's) fell on a Sunday, so we celebrated "one for all and all for one". Unfortunately that didn't hold true for the price. We were seated in the Garden Room, which I love and Connor was introduced to fine dining. Everytime he popped out of his seat to take a picture, the waiter would hurry over and refold his napkin. He ordered his own meal off the big menu although Jerry did try and encourage him to get a child's menu.
Everyone had three choices, the appetizer, the entree and the dessert. Erin ordered the cajun eggs benedict which looked really good, I ordered the gumbo, Connor got the fruit that you see in the picture, and Jerry ordered a salad. The three adults ordered shrimp and grits for the entree, and Connor ordered the wahoo of which he ate every bite.
I really love Commander's, and it was a special treat to go for our birthdays. The food, the music (jazz brunch) and the overall ambience made it a perfect way to celebrate birthdays.
On the way home, Connor took a picture of Emeril's - maybe that is where we will go next year!
No comments:
Post a Comment