Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Merry Christmas


Merry Christmas to one and all! We had 21 for Christmas dinner this year, and as you can imagine the preparations started several weeks ahead of time. It usually takes me a couple of weeks to decorate the house as I like to do it in stages – see how things look and then add or take away. The people who know me well probably don’t believe that “take away” part. The menu sort of evolves also, although we always have the standard turkey. This year I brined the turkey with a mixture from Williams-Sonoma and it was really delicious. My brother in law Geary smoked a brisket also, and at the end of the day there were only a few slivers left. Today I made turkey soup with vegetables and noodles. I usually make turkey gumbo, but since Jeanne brought gumbo for Christmas I thought the soup would be nice for a change.


I’m finally coming to the end of washing dishes and putting them away. I took all of the extra tables down today and the chairs are stacked and ready to go back into storage. Taking the Christmas decorations down will be another project done in stages. This year I hope to get rid of some things that I seldom use.    
My Christmas cactus was very cooperative this year.  Actually, I have two of them and one bloomed early in December, but this one was beautiful and just in time for Christmas.    I wish everyone a new year filled with peace, love, and prosperity.




No comments:

Post a Comment